More Ways to Give
Join us to change the way we tell the story of America—to honor those women who came before us and inspire millions of people for generations to come.
To discuss gift, recognition and endowment opportunities that support the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum, please contact:
Prefer to mail a gift? Send a personal check made payable to Smithsonian American Women's History Museum to:
Smithsonian American Women's History Museum
Office of Advancement
PO Box 37012 MRC 527
Washington DC 20013-7012
Create a home for women’s history at the Smithsonian with these gift options:
Consider including the Museum in your will and estate plans as a legacy gift to the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum’s future.
Bequests provide support that can be a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. To make a gift in your will or trust, follow these simple steps:
- Provide your attorney with the following sample language:
- "I give the [residue of my estate], [__% of the residue of my estate], or [the sum of ___dollars] to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC for the benefit of the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum."
- Notify us at 888-419-7584 or email@example.com so we can welcome you to the Smithsonian Legacy Society!
Naming the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum as the beneficiary of a retirement account is a smart way to give. Income from a retirement account is often taxed more heavily than other assets and so may become a liability for your loved ones.
Because the Museum is tax-exempt, 100 percent of your gift will go toward creating your legacy. You can also name the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, certificate of deposit, bank or brokerage account, as well as a donor-advised fund. To make a gift by beneficiary designation, follow these steps:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, bank, broker, or insurance company and request a beneficiary form.
- Write "Smithsonian Institution, for the benefit of the Smithsonian Women’s History Museum, Washington, DC, Federal Tax ID Number 53-0206027" as a sole, partial, or contingent beneficiary of your account.
- Sign and return the beneficiary form to your plan administrator and keep a copy for your files. Notify us at 888-419-7584 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can welcome you to the Smithsonian Legacy Society!
Consider a gift of mutual funds of stocks, appreciated securities or mutual funds.
To make a gift of publicly traded securities to the Smithsonian, contact a Smithsonian advancement officer at 202-633-4300 or email@example.com and provide the name of your broker, the name of the stock, and the number of shares you would like to contribute. The advancement officer will advise you on the procedure for completing the gift.
For gifts of closely held stock or controlled stock, please consult with your financial advisor and contact the Office of Advancement at 202-633-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
When you create a charitable gift annuity with the Smithsonian Institution, you receive stable annual payments for life and a charitable income tax deduction in the year you make the donation.
A gift annuity is simple and flexible, and it gives you the satisfaction of making a gift that benefits you now and provides future support to the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum.
Contact the Smithsonian Office of Gift Planning at 888-419-7584 or email@example.com for additional information on charitable gift annuities or to chat more about the personal benefits of creating an annuity with the Smithsonian.