- Frederic Edwin Church, American, 1826–1900
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Horizontal drawing of autumn foliage bathed in the light of an afternoon sun. Mountains in the background. Unfinished along right margin. Possibly made during Church's sojurn in Vermont, October, 1865.
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Credit Line
- Gift of Louis P. Church
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Accession Number
- Object Name
- Restrictions & Rights
- Brush and oil paint on cardboard
- Metadata Usage
- Record ID
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
slideshow with 2 slides
1 of 2 images
2 of 2 images